Order from United States stuck at international hub in the US

I live in Saskatchewan and made an order on March 30th, 2024. It was shipped on April 2nd with the expected delivery date to be April 14th - April 18th, on the order details page it says expected by April 19th (today). The last update on the tracking was from the international shipping hub where it says it was delivered on April 5th, with no additional updates that it has been shipped into Canada. I have not recieved any other tracking numbers indicating it was shipped into Canada either. I have contacted the seller and he does not have any other information about what is going on. At what point do I file an Item Not Recieved claim? Do I begin the process today as the expected "range" has passed yesterday and the item supposedly still hasn't been shipped from the international hub?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can't start a claim until the last day after the expected delivery date so that would be tomorrow. Apparently it isn't uncommon for it to take 2+ weeks for some packages to leave the shipping hub. They don't seem that organized.  There is a chance that it will still leave there within the next week or it's possible that it is lost.  It's up to you whether you want to wait a little while longer or not to see if it moves. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can't start a claim until the last day after the expected delivery date so that would be tomorrow. Apparently it isn't uncommon for it to take 2+ weeks for some packages to leave the shipping hub. They don't seem that organized.  There is a chance that it will still leave there within the next week or it's possible that it is lost.  It's up to you whether you want to wait a little while longer or not to see if it moves. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Under the Global Shipping Program, if the delivery was not completed on time, the buyer was refunded.

If the delivery was made after the refund was made, the buyer kept both item and payment.

Is this still the situation under the eIS?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There must be a system failure of some kind since a few of us have packages whose last tracking information is “Arrived at hub, Fri Apr 5”. Presumably not a coincidence.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

devon@ebay 

Under the Global Shipping Program, if the delivery was not completed on time, the buyer was refunded.

If the delivery was made after the refund was made, the buyer kept both item and payment.

Is this still the situation under the eIS?

Hi @reallynicestamps! With eIS this is still the case.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply