Beware of buyer

denchuk
Community Member

Beware of a buyer named *** There's been multiple incidents from multiple seller that this guy buys items with non trackable shipping and then claims he never received the items. I've talked to other sellers he has screwed over. Don't sell to this thief. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Beware of buyer

Do not send anything without tracking that would cost you "too much" to lose.

Your 99c + $3.00 shipping cards fit in that category.

I assume you pay less than $3.99 for your cards.

What you need is Cookie Jar Insurance.

This is just setting aside a few virtual pennies in a virtual Cookie Jar as self-insurance premiums against occasional problems. Not just scammers, but loss in transit, honest returns, and your own errors.

When you have to refund, you use the virtual money in the Cookie Jar.

Now for the scammer, whose name has already been removed from your post, Report him to eBay

The phone reps do not work for eBay so don't bother with them. They work for a subcontractor out of Utah.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Have all those other sellers do the same.

EBay will not act on a single member's report, but if they are getting several Reports they will.

Block him on your own account.

And set up your Seller Preferences/Buyer Requirements to automatically Block any buyer with Strikes for Unpaid Items. This will filter out a lot of Bad Buyers before they can even bid.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Interestingly, the option to 'report buyer' is now gone when you leave feedback.  So it seems Ebay is more interested in protecting crooked buyers than they are in protecting honest sellers.

I'm sure there is still a way to report buyers, but it does show Ebay's mindset, that they are making it more difficult to do.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

What would the seller be reporting if there’s no evidence that the buyer received their item?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
What would the seller be reporting if there’s no evidence that the buyer received their item?

Doesn't matter. I reported a buyer (two INR) without an evidence (no tracking) and his account has been suspended. Probably many other sellers reported him, too. 

Now imagine, he came back 1.5 year later, with a different nickname, but the same account's owner name and shipping address (lucky for us, some thieves are that stipid 😃 ). I reported him again - even before he was able to make any purchase. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:
Interestingly, the option to 'report buyer' is now gone when you leave feedback. ..

Very easy to Report a Buyer in the Seller Hub -- it is a default choice in the shortcuts section

ebay report buyer Seller Hub.png

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yes indeed!

and since OP has "left the building"; this post & run rant can be put to bed and we can all get on to other matters...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Yes indeed!

and since OP has "left the building"; this post & run rant can be put to bed and we can all get on to other matters...

Please NO! We need a thread to vent! There is no better one than "BEWARE OF BUYER!"  😄

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

since naming and shaming of an eBay member is not permitted, "Beware of Buyer" is meaningless...

Perhaps a separate discussion on the topic of "how to report a buyer" would be more appropriate...

Message 9 of 9
latest reply