Ebay take big big big fees like a crook

I sell one item for 40.00$ +24.36 (shipping) = 64.36$ Ebay add to buyer taxes including fees  9.83$ = big total of 72.73$  from the customer and Ebay take a big 11.35% for fees  )0:  how much left to me 53.46$ now I sell my part only for around 30.00$   now I understand why Ebay lost alot members )0:  maybe after 24 years I will stop to sell on ebay and going with amazon better customer service and less fees not like Ebay.   For me now Ebay is the best crook.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay take big big big fees like a crook

and?...as a long time seller you should have already known all the ins and outs pertaining to eBay's fees...

BTW, good luck with selling on Amazon > you will need it.! ...all that so called "better customer service" and with those so-called "less fees" ...and all those great rules and policies....oh  hell yeah!!...

(if that beautiful picture you paint were only true...we'd all be sellers there!!!!)

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

It's funny how some people tend to forget that in the "old days," they were paying PayPal fees as well as eBay fees.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@pousseux wrote:

I sell one item for 40.00$ +24.36 (shipping) = 64.36$ Ebay add to buyer taxes including fees  9.83$ = big total of 72.73$  from the customer and Ebay take a big 11.35% for fees  )0:  how much left to me 53.46$ now I sell my part only for around 30.00$   now I understand why Ebay lost alot members )0:  maybe after 24 years I will stop to sell on ebay and going with amazon better customer service and less fees not like Ebay.   For me now Ebay is the best crook.

When you start selling on Amazon you really should make sure you understand what the fees are. Of course if you don't bother you will then get the same unpleasent "surprise" when you find out they are significantly higher than here on eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@pousseux wrote:

When you start selling on Amazon you really should make sure you understand what the fees are. Of course if you don't bother you will then get the same unpleasent "surprise" when you find out they are significantly higher than here on eBay.

That's assuming he even gets past the gating.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

It's unbelievable to read you guys defending and being happy with how ebay, gouvernement, and canada post are totally eating us. I'm selling for only 2 years and the amount left in my pockets is around 30% less than in 2021. Sometimes my buyers pays $100 and i'm doing like $15 on those sales. That's $85 splitted between others while doing nothing. Because i paid taxes sourcing, i paid a subscription to list, i paid to promote (100% increase i must say, from 1% to 2% a previous update, millions and millions of dollars taken from sellers from this adjustement in ebay pockets for literally 0 reason), add selling fees, listing fees, international fees, conversion fees if i bought in US, then buyer re pay taxes on that, pay abusive shipping cost, i paid taxes on packing and shipping and buyer re pay taxes on that, then i re pay fees on taxes on taxes, i probably forget some. We're the ones putting hard work and compete to sell and there's only crumbs left for us. There's no wonder why a lot does taxes evasion and stuff like this. We're eaten from every side and they're all very hungry.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"Because i paid taxes sourcing, i paid a subscription to list, i paid to promote"

well it's like this: some of us pay very little to "source" items, do not pay a subscription to list, and do not use promoted listings....and some of us don't rely solely on eBay for sales as we sell on multiple venues(some of which are indeed less fees, some of which are local,etc,etc......)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

ya and paypals fee was 3% and Ebays fee was 10% , now Ebays fee is 13% so it makes no difference, oh exxcept that now ebay also charges extra GST taxes on stuff. THeres import fees etc. Its definitely worse now.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

ya facts. but when I heard that Ebay is sourced from Silicon valley I understood it at that point. They a bunch of demons who literally dont give AF . They are profiteers point blank with no souls. Lets call a spade a spade. They would probly bleed their own mother dry. Buncha junkies working at this site too. Everyone I call in to get help the persons either coked out or barred out falling asleep on me. Sad sad lineup they got punching numbers and it shows. Very poorly orchestrated over here.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@everything-wonderful wrote:

ya and paypals fee was 3% and Ebays fee was 10% , now Ebays fee is 13% so it makes no difference, oh exxcept that now ebay also charges extra GST taxes on stuff. THeres import fees etc. Its definitely worse now.

eBay has had to charge GST/HST on seller fees for many years now, so that's not new.  Or are you referring to the taxes buyers have to pay on their purchases as you also mention import fees?  Import fees are nothing new either, by the way.  It's just that since Harper was Prime Minister, CBSA has grown remarkably lax about assessing and charging taxes on stuff sent by mail.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

YES EBAY IS A CROOK.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hello everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that it’s fine to disagree with others, but discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 12 of 12
latest reply