Shipping to the Ukraine - yes or no?

I have an offer for an item and buyer is registered in the Ukraine which is on my excluded list. I guess it would go via a forwarding company. Usually not a problem but this is about 85.00 Cdn plus shipping (a high $ Item for me) and I have never shipped to the Ukraine before, no idea what the Customs dept or mail service is like. Would you ship there or not?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You would have to go with tracking (that is often enough to disuade them) and you'd have to make sure it is ok to send whatever it is go Ukraine.

Here is a link to tell you what is ok, however note the suspended service notation....

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/personal/international-destination-details.pag... 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you are uncomfortable, decline the offer with a polite note that you are not currently shipping to the Ukraine.

Canada Post shipping and import restrictions for the Ukraine:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/personal/international-destination-details.pag...

-;-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If it goes to a forwarding company (usually a US address, but there may be some Canadian ones) most of the Money Back Guaratee ends when it is signed for by the forwarder.

UNDELIVERABLE ITEMS

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

This is the part I'm referring to

Exclusions and special coverage when the buyer doesn't receive an item

Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer
-Not covered

The buyer arranged their own shipping method, such as a courier pickup
-Not covered

The buyer provided an invalid or incorrect address at checkout-Not covered

And of course since you are only shipping to North America, your shipping cost is lower.

On the other hand, much of Ukraine is occupied by Russian troops. I haven't heard much about an actual shooting war, but Russia is a kleptocracy, so there is that to consider.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:
... On the other hand, much of Ukraine is occupied by Russian troops. I haven't heard much about an actual shooting war, but Russia is a kleptocracy, so there is that to consider.

Canada Post does not ship to the part of Ukraine that was occupied by Russian troops (Crimea).

Mail handled via Russian Post can reach addresses in Crimea.

No idea if any mail gets through to the eastern Ukraine rebel areas.

-|-

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

No - not worth it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@vintagenorth wrote:

I have an offer for an item and buyer is registered in the Ukraine which is on my excluded list. I guess it would go via a forwarding company. Usually not a problem but this is about 85.00 Cdn plus shipping (a high $ Item for me) and I have never shipped to the Ukraine before. . .

I'm confused by this post and by some of the responses.  If you figure your item would be shipped via a forwarding company, it would not be shipped by you to the Ukraine.  If your potential buyer's provided shipping address is in one of the countries not in your exclusion list, they'll have fullfilled the ship-to portion of your buyer requirements and there's technically no reason not to ship the item based on that.

As long as you're shipping the item by a trackable shipping method and the forwarder's address is in the transaction details, your responsibility for the item's safe passage will end once tracking shows it is received by the forwarding company, as @reallynicestamps stated.

It is the buyer's responsibility to arrange the shipping through the forwarding company and they forfeit INR protection through the Money Back Guarantee if they use a third-party forwarding service.  See "exclusions and special coverage":

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Hi Stamps, I had to look up the word “kleptocracy” so thanks for teaching me a new word!

I did look at my buyers feedback and feedback left for others and decided to accept their offer since the item is being mailed to a USA forwarder. Have shipped to forwarding companies before, often with no tracking, but in this case used tracked packet USA since it was a higher cost item.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I think you made a good decision.  I can see why someone from the Ukraine would be interested in a hockey cross-stich pattern!  I wonder if they plan on modifying the uniforms, though?  😁

Message 9 of 9
latest reply