they won’t give me my money

ligla_99
Community Member
i sold an item a couple of months and still have not gotten my money. there’s not even a customer service area for this! i want my money or i’m going to trust pilot
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: they won’t give me my money

byto253
Community Member

You are a new registrant and seller, and there are protections in place as there are scam artists who will register, sell and then dissapear - it sucks but the dishonest folks impact everyone.  As a new seller, you are in a high risk category (it is not personal)  and funds will not be released until it is clear that the merchandise has been delivered and the likelyhood of a return in small.   I went through this as well.  I forget exactly how long it takes after delivery is confirmed through tracking or from the buyer to release funds, but they are basically being held in trust. 

You can call or contact Ebay online and ask them to explain the process and when funds will be released.  It is generally recommended to use chat or contact through facebook as those folks are Ebay employees vs. contractors on the phone.    You will get paid, it will take a bit of time because you are new.    I

From the Trust Pilots comment it sounds like you may think this forum is somehow related to Ebay customer service, it is not.  It is just a users discussion forum, we have zero involement with Ebay operations.   

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I’m going to ask a possibly obvious question: Have you provided full and correct information to eBay for a chequing account where you want your payouts sent?
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

By "a couple of months" do you mean at least 60 days ago, or do you mean sometime in December?

When you sold the item, did you ship it?

Did you use tracking?
Did you upload the tracking number to your Seller Hub?

• My eBay-> Selling->  Orders-> All Orders-> Add Tracking Number.

Have you registered with Managed Payments?

Do you have a chequing account with a Canadian Bank that eBay can send your money to?

BTW- you may do better with that sweater if you change the title to Wool sweater Ladies GOGO made in Canada ONE SIZE  cardigan roll collar   and then put the actual measurements in the description.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Is this for the item that you sold on Jan. 12?   

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Is this just a rant or do you truly want help/advice from fellow sellers???

No one can help you if you don't come back to the thread to acknowlege that you have seen/read the responses.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

This is a rant, nothing more, nothing less...

...for the follow up I am sure you will find the OP here https://ca.trustpilot.com/

It was the only "Information" I could glean from this "post".

And, If you are not going to respond to the people offering their time for free to assist you, then why bother posting?

You are still listing and selling so maybe you are having your "$$" held due to the fact you are a new account. For new sellers there are limits set in place and delays on payments until you prove yourself as a Seller, everyone goes through it...

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

and who really cares what is written on "Trust Pilot"? who can even trust "Trust Pilot"?

Generally speaking, the ONLY persons that use that site are the negative ones!

Other than just now, I never ever go to that site, and I hardly believe the general public would bother with it either...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I never knew that site even existed until the OPer made the comment, I then googled it...

I bet the "reviews" are something to read, like an echo chamber full of like-minded people, lol

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Not surprisingly, the reviews of Trustpilot on Sitejabber are overwhelmingly of the one-star variety.

And so it goes. . .

Message 11 of 11
latest reply