Well this is a first for me. Tracking says delivered, buyer says no.

All my US mail is sent using USPS with tracking.  A buyer bought on Feb 7, shipped Feb 8 and according to the USPS website delivered on Feb 13/17.  Buyer contacted me tonight stating that he knows that tracking shows delivered but he did not get it.  He wants me to check with the my local PO.  I told him that I was sorry that it hadn't been delivered but shipped it off Feb 8 with tracking and it shows as delivered, I told him to check with his local mail man.  I then added the tracking again to the case.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Be polite and friendly.

But if it is showing delivered, you are off the hook.

He needs stroking and encouragement to talk to his family and housemates, as well as the local post office.

And he should go to the PO in person, not just make a phone call. And email to USPS is right out.

Face to face.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can file a missing mail report here:

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

I actually filed one of these years ago for a package sent USPS Priority International to Brazil. They actually tracked it down and had the delivery updated, sent me copies of the emails they exchanged with Correos.

Usually in these situations if it's been more than 48 hours since the delivery scan it was probably delivered to the wrong address. miss-delivered and they often reappear. Of course there is always porch theft which depending on who you listen to never happens or happens everywhere, everyday.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I just had a similar one this week.

If you look at the update on the USPS site, does it say it was deposited to a "parcel locker"  (these are like our community mail boxes).

In my case the key was put in the neighbours box instead of my customers box, this happens all the time to her/him so he just brought her the box I had sent...... if it wasn't such a regular thing with them I would have had the same problem as in your situation.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It all ended well.  The wife (who has medical issues) had picked it up and put it somewhere and didn't remember even picking it up.  So everything is good, case closed. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply