Forum Posts

Resolved! Missing categories

I seem to have messed up my eBay search page. I am missing the "categories" column on the left of the page when I open a search. There is no condition, price, delivery option, sold etc. I don't know what I have done, but I want to find what items sol...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping from Canada

Hello, I just listed a few items and my option Small Packet USA air disapeared. I am left with the super expensive Tracked packet.What can I do to go back to normal without spending an hour with Ebay on the phone

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Issuing Refund: Want to Avoid Pitfalls

Good morning eBay Community! I'm about to initiate a partial refund for a sale so I wanted to ask the experts if there's any potential pitfalls/scams I should be aware of. First, some background: I sold 5x Blu-ray steelbooks, all purchased by a singl...

Anybody else experiencing slow sales

Business has been really slow this past month for me. I sell on 2 accounts and so far have only sold a total of 5 items this month. I usually sell around 5 items per week. I sell expensive collectable junk, usually making around $300-$500 a week and ...

Resolved! Paying in Canadian funds.

I have a buyer who want to pay in Canadian funds. I told her to go to the .ca site and it comes up in Canadian, but she says that they still ask for payment in US dollars. Is there a way to do this?

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay dot CA Urgently Required Fixes

Urgently required Fixes - As of Feb 4, 2019 1. Fix US Tracking problem 1 to 2 KG - First Noted Jan 14, 2019 - Lotz2. Bring back All Watchers - Noted - Unknown - Lotz3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.20.

Hmmm US$ to $C conversion...

Today I saw a grumblingly bad conversion rate in PAYPAL land which prompted me to compare the rate my bank is giving me vs the paypal rate. (my bank rate is 1% better). I think I saw something from folks here that there were easier ways now to transf...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! How do I bulk edit on the new site design?

The bulk edit features seem to be missing on the new site design. I can't select multiple items under my Active selling items, only edit them individually. How do I select items for bulk editing?

screenshot.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Have to pay for customer's incorrect address

Well this is a new one - for me anyway... I was just required to pay a reimbursement for an item that was sent with exactly the address that was in the Paypal account. Here is how it went: The customer claimed that he had not received the item. He st...

Wow, did USPS first class rates go up.

I sell CD's and this week I had to buy USPS after the rates went up last week and WOW, every single buyer was in zone 8. I have to revise all my listings and add $1.50 to the shipping costs.

EBay not accepting Purolator

Well this is a first. I don't use Purolator often but I've used it enough to know there's never been a problem using it before.Shipped an item last week. Entered the tracking # and had to type the word Purolator as the shipping company.Notice last ni...

My post office closed early today due to bad weather

Went to the post office around 3:00 pm today only to find a notice on the door saying they had closed early due to weather conditions. I was able to just drop my mail into the outside mail box since I had used my own postage stamps but I’m thinking t...

Resolved! Banned for life???

Recently my 70 year old retired dad tried to fix the screen of his ipad and was not able to, so he just decided to sell the battery on ebay. His listing was removed without any explanation, and when he phoned customer service he was told that there w...

Selling pattern pages from old magazines okay?

Until recently I was living in California and I bought, from eBay US sellers, crochet and quilt patterns that were pages from old magazines. (Not copies; original pages cut from the original magazine.) Now I am back home in Canada and I went looking ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pictures For All Variations

I think I know the answer already as I cannot seem to find a solution so I thought I'd still ask in case I missed it. I have bracelets that I want to sell but with those bracelets you can add charms. So I wanted to have the option to select a bracele...

Buyers not Giving Feedbacks

This has been a prevalent issue for me since I started selling. At the start January of this year and up to now, I am missing 50 feedbacks. How can I persuade the buyer to do this courtesy - something I shouldnt have to ask and ask. Would be nice tha...

• 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Search returning inconsistent results

How come when I do the following search it sometimes shows 5 and sometimes 6 results? Keep hitting search a few times to see this behavior. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Sirocco+board+game&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post robbed me of $43.00

I shipped two boxes, those of which were purchases and Canada Post cleaned me out of $43.00 and that doesn't include tracking. That's the bulk of my earnings up in smoke and service never improved...smh

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada Post Rates Change Effective Jan 14. How come I can't update my Listings?

Canada Post changed Weight allowance for Tracked Packet to USA Today Jan 14/2019. When I try to update Listing because Tracked Packet now covers up to 2 KG Message says "Weight Limit for Tracked Packet is still One kg". Is the Problem Ebay or Canada ...

Be aware, odd refunding situation can cause a defect.

Here is the situation that caused a defect: Buyer uses guest ID purchases item.Buyer receives item, has an issue with it, sends a message to seller from a different eBay id (their actual ebay id).Seller agrees with issue, decides against forcing buye...

• 8 replies
  • 2 helpful

Resolved! scammed twice in a month

well 2019 has went very well so far , get a email from paypal last week , buyer has not received item , no tracking ( way to much in Canada ) out $ 42.00 , buyer has feedback of 1 in the last 6 months / get another email today from paypal (Saturday) ...

help

Need to talk with live chat not using the phone with the ebay. Im deaf!

The word " Indian" in your ad anywhere! Mine was Indian Motel matchbook. Got kicked out!!

I am selling matchbooks. One was a 40 year old Indian Trail Motel, Bay City, Michigan and it triggered something from ebay about banned native artefacts, etc. I was unable to answer yes or no to any potential problem and was unable to continue making...

offers on auctions

Is there a way to stop offers from being made on auctions? It wouldn't be so bad if buyers used that option properly but no they still look at is if the starting bid is buy it now price

Labels