Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Looking to Expand Your Business? TSMG Could be the Answer!

PowerSellers and ex-PowerSellers, If you are thinking of starting your own website or have a website, take a look at Top Sellers Marketing Group. With over 650 members, TSMG has information and assistance in starting and optimizing your website. In j...

This may be going against the grain but....

I love the new ebay(especially since they are tweeking the new feedback system)! I am able to differentiate myself from other sellers and reap the rewards in FVF credit. I have had to make changes and improve communication issues that we all have. Ov...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful

taxes

Here's a neat one, i got a neutral because i charged him taxes and yes i'm registered with both level of gov. E-bay wont remove it. Any ideas?

An unusual buyer, please help

Hi everyone, Last week, a USA buyer with 22 feedback ask if I can ship an item to Lima, Peru. Item# is 330240800275. She also ask if I have more than one of this item. I told her I have more than 1 but I can only ship to the address registered in Pay...

pierrelebel

Hi Pierre, My next post was a shout out to you. I wanted to say thank you very much! I don't know if you remember but back in April I asked you some advice about opening my own store and I really appreciated you taking the time to help me. Now, it's ...

Anyone use mainly small packet surface mail to the U.S.?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to have high DSR for shipping if you use this method. My shipping DSR continues to drop. Most of my items are under 500 grams and are sent small packet surface to the U.S. My buyers are pretty satisfied ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

International Feedback

I received this feed back from an International buyer this morning. She's in france. DELIVERY NOT RAPIDS THE PRESENT PLEASES TO RECOMMEND. So I emailed her and asked if she was feeling she didn't get her package quickly. I mailed it the same day I re...

Ask Ashley & Amanda

Hello Everyone! We hope you are having a great morning! Amanda and I will be around to chat for the next hour or so. Stop by and say 'HI.' Ashley

Return Policy

I am trying to develope a return policy. I sell china, pottery and crystal. I mark all of my items with a UV marker and inform the buyer of this when they purchase. I have had 3 returns in 9+ years and over 5000 transactions on 3 different ids. One w...

Miriam, ASSISTANCE or an EXPLANATION required.

Yesterday a VERY disturbing phenomenon began on the ebay.com site with respect to Best Match. I have worked hard on my DSRs and optimized my listing titles for keyword searches. At the present time my 30 day DSRs are 4.9 in all categories. Yesterday ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Miriam Returns Policies Editing features required for bulk editing

Hi Miriam I have not seen a editing feature for bulk editing of the shipping returns section and returns policies. The new requirements of having to have this clearly stated in the template not in the body of the auction description has to be complet...

Light Packet Question

Just curious if Light Packet rates OR regulations will be affected once Canada Post implements its regular and irregular Oversized Lettermail rates and rules that go into effect in January of 2009. I've read and reread the announcement to the right a...

Honest communication among ALL USERS? Or tow the PARTY LINE?

According to discussion boards usage policy: "eBay has its Discussion Board Usage policy to encourage a safer trading environment where there can be open and honest communication among all users." For which: "Violations of this policy may result in a...

PROPOSED CANADA POST RATE CHANGES

I thought I'd post a main thread to the proposed Canada Post rate changes. It looks like there are major changes on the horizon affecting oversized lettermail and perhaps other services which will impact us eBay sellers. This is one more devastating ...

"Attention Seller! We noticed your shipping cost looks high..."

I got such a message from Ebay. I list on American Ebay because 90% of my customers are Americans. I charge the real CP fee + cost of tube. Attention Seller! We noticed your shipping cost looks high compared to other listings in your category with si...

eBay WORKSHOP: PROTECT YOUSELF FROM IDENTITY THEFT: Wednesday, February 23, 2:00-3:00 PM EST

Please join us on Canada Town Square for a workshop on Identity Theft and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim. Our special guest, Staff Sergeant Barry Elliott of Phonebusters will be on Canada Town Square discussion board from 2pm – 3pm on...

REALITY CHECK- Gas at $1.50+/L

For real- earlier today I have just RAISED our shipping prices for Coffee MUGS. (from US$10 to US$12 within Canada and the US) AND- dropped discounting THIRD MUG PURCHASED. (explained in our auction's copy) Over the weekend- I will proceed to RAISE o...

GREEN USPS MONEY ORDERS (US Only) Do you accept them ?

As a Canadian have you clearly indicated in your auctions that you DO NOT ACCEPT GREEN USPS Postal Money Orders- and only if from the USPS- the PINK INTERNATIONAL ones? If you don't, how do you handle them if sent by a buyer? Return them? Collect the...

How can my S&H DSR be going down?

Can someone help me? I just don't understand it. Over the last 2 months I have eliminated (in most auctions...still a work in progress) all handling fees, I use the Paypal shipping calculator which usually knocks off another 10-25 cents. I offer ship...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blackthorne & Shipping

Hi BT users! Okay, I've spent today working on shipping costs. And it seems that with using BT that I have the option of having many shipping presets. So I've got a few figured out (I THINK) that I can live with, however, I'll have to do some refundi...

Best Match What's Up With It!!! "momoftwingles2" Could you please read

momoftwingles2 if you happen to read this would you mind doing me a favor? Since they changed the Best Match Criteria my auctions have ended up of the last couple of pages for a search I do. The search is "K & Company">auctions>best match. When I che...

FIGHTING BACK FROM DISASTER!!!

Hi Everyone Well I am living proof it can happen. My store was falling fast after the changes and I realized quickly that I had to make some serious changes FAST. So I did! After eBay live I went home to an empty store and low DSRs and 3 new Negative...

• 31 replies
  • 0 helpful

Survey on YOUR shipping policy

Some Canadian eBay sellers accept cheques (checks), some do not. Most Canadian sellers accept PayPal; in many instances echecks are sent through PayPal. If drawn by Canadians, they typically take seven to nine business days to clear (almost two weeks...

Shop 'til you drop - A girl's dream?

Check out the buyer of this auction # 320262488567 17,000+ FB in 10 months and NONE as a seller. Excluding weekends, thats over 85 purchases every single day. I love to shop but.... I already have a full-time job LOL! Xena

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

HAPPY CANADA DAY !!!!!

For those on the East Coast, my apologies for not posting this earlier. For the REST OF CANADA (INCLUDING QUEBEC) ...... HAPPY CANADA DAY !!!!!! There is still time to celebrate! .''. ........''. . *''* :_\/_: . ......:_\/_: _\(/_ .:.*_\/_* : /\ : .'...

EBAY OMNIPOTENCE NO LONGER ABSOLUTE

From eBay.au Announcements July 2008 ***Existing payment methods to remain on eBay.com.au*** 03 July 2008 | 11:24AM EST eBay has withdrawn its notification to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) about removing other payment meth...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.